Looking for a picturesque natural escape in West Java? Look no further than the popular Mount Tangkuban Perahu! Located just north of the city of Lembang in the Bandung district, this beautiful tourist spot is administratively located in the Subang region, but is closer to Lembang.
Located just 20 kilometers from the center of Bandung, this active volcano stands at a height of 2,084 meters, with several craters still releasing sulfuric gas and hot springs. Surrounded by lush pine forests and sprawling tea plantations, the Mount Tangkuban Perahu tourist park is a favorite vacation spot in Lembang.
The well-preserved natural environment and cool mountain air, combined with the stunning views of the craters and the breathtaking natural panoramas from high above, make this a must-visit destination.
Where is Tangkuban Perahu Located?
- Jl. Tangkuban Parahu No. 282, Cikole Lembang, Kab. Bandung Barat 40391, Indonesia.
- Phone : (022) 82780654
- Mobile : 0821 2005 2011
- Fax: (022) 82780653
- Website : twatangkubanparahu.com
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Route to Mount Tangkuban Perahu
Feeling adventurous and want to check out Gunung Tangkuban Perahu? Great choice! Here are some options for your journey:
- If you’re driving from Bandung city: Take Jl. SetiaBudhi, then Ledeng, then Jl. Raya Lembang, and finally Gunung Tangkuban Perahu.
- If you’re driving from Bandung and taking the Pasteur toll road: Head to Jl. Sukajadi, then Jl. SetiaBudhi, Ledeng, Jl. Raya Lembang, and finally Gunung Tangkuban Perahu.
- If you’re driving from Cimahi and taking the Baros Cimahi toll road: Head to Parongpong, then Jl. Raya Lembang, and finally Gunung Tangkuban Perahu.
If you’re using public transportation:
- From Bandung train station: Take an angkot (local minibus) headed to Lembang, then transfer to an angkot headed to Cikole.
- From Leuwi Panjang terminal: Take a bus headed to Indramayu and get off at the Gunung Tangkuban Perahu gate.
- From Cicaheum terminal: Take an angkot headed to Ledeng, then transfer to an angkot headed to Lembang, and finally transfer to an angkot headed to Cikole.
Available means of transportation
Looking for a convenient way to get to Gunung Tangkuban Perahu? No problem! This popular tourist destination is easily accessible by private vehicles like cars and motorcycles. If you prefer public transportation, you can take a city bus, angkot (local minibus), or even a ride-sharing service.
However, please note that you will need additional transportation once you reach the Tangkuban Perahu gate to get to the crater area. We recommend using a private vehicle or renting a car to make your journey easier.
There aren’t many public transportation options in the Tangkuban Perahu area, so it might be a good idea to rent a vehicle. There are plenty of travel agencies and car rental companies with drivers available in Bandung.
Interesting things on Mount Tangkuban Perahu
Mount Tangkuban Perahu is home to three stunning craters: Ratu, Domas, and Upas. Visitors can take in the breathtaking views of the craters and the surrounding natural beauty from high up.
The area is well-preserved with cool, fresh air, and there are plenty of food stalls serving delicious local treats and hot drinks. Horseback riding is also available in the Ratu crater area. Near the parking lot, you’ll find souvenir stalls selling Tangkuban Perahu trinkets.
The Ratu crater is the main attraction of Gunung Tangkuban Perahu. You can enjoy the view directly from above with a wooden fence for safety. The ground around the Ratu crater is usually white, and you’ll see some yellow sulfur rocks covered in hot smoke from the crater.
The Domas crater is located at a lower elevation than the Ratu crater. Visitors are allowed to get up close and even bathe in the sulfur mud. To get to the Domas crater, it’s recommended to take the new road, and the gate is located before the Ratu crater. If you’re coming from the Ratu crater, you’ll need to hike first and then descend a long flight of stairs.
The Upas crater is located next to the Ratu crater, but it’s smaller and shallower. To reach the Upas crater, you’ll need to take a bumpy, sandy road. This crater is not as popular with visitors.
The Gunung Tangkuban Perahu Nature Reserve is equipped with ample and comfortable facilities for visitors. These include:
- Ample parking for vehicles
- Food stalls and cafes
- Souvenir stalls
- Rest areas
- A mosque
So don’t worry, you’ll have everything you need to make your visit enjoyable.
Hotels Around Mount Tangkuban Perahu
Unfortunately, there are no accommodations such as hotels or villas within the Gunung Tangkuban Perahu nature reserve. However, you can easily find lodgings in the Lembang area and surrounding neighborhoods.
Here are a few options for places to stay near Tangkuban Perahu:
- Sari Ater Hotel & Resort
- Lembang Asri Resort
- Puteri Gunung Hotel
- Saung Balibu Hotel & Restaurant
- Jayagiri Guesthouse
- Villa Sasky Ciater Highland
Tourist Attractions Near Mount Tangkuban Perahu
If you’re looking to explore more of the surrounding area during your visit to Gunung Tangkuban Perahu, check out these nearby tourist attractions:
- Orchid Forest
- Grafika Cikole Tourist Terminal
- Lembang Floating Market
- De Ranch Lembang
- Maribaya Hot Spring Resort
- The Lodge Maribaya
- PAL 16 Cikole
Tangkuban Perahu Mountain Entrance Ticket Prices
Admission Prices on Weekdays:
- Foreign Visitors: IDR 200,000
- Two-wheeled vehicles (motorcycles): IDR 12,000
- Four-wheeled vehicles (cars): IDR 25,000
- Six-wheeled vehicles (buses): IDR 110,000
- Bicycles: IDR 7,000
Admission Prices on Holidays:
- Foreign Visitors: IDR 300,000
- Two-wheeled vehicles (motorcycles): IDR 17,000
- Four-wheeled vehicles (cars): IDR 35,000
- Six-wheeled vehicles (buses): IDR 150,000
- Bicycles: IDR 10,000
Other Activity Prices:
- Wedding photography: IDR 500,000 per day
- Individual/Company video shooting: IDR 800,000 per day
- Commercial event shooting: IDR 2,000,000 per day – IDR 1,800,000 for 1 day or more
- 4×4 Jawa Wisata Stand: IDR 500,000 per day
- Banners: IDR 30,000 per day
- Banners: IDR 50,000 per day
- Billboards: IDR 100,000 per day
Gunung Tangkuban Perahu Operating Hours
Every day: 07:00 AM – 05:00 PM
I hope this information has been helpful in planning your visit to Gunung Tangkuban Perahu. Whether you’re driving or using public transportation, there are plenty of options for getting to the nature reserve. And once you’re there, you’ll have access to facilities and activities to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable.
Don’t forget to check out the nearby attractions as well for even more fun!