When it comes to clash royale, there are few topics more debated than which is better: elite barbarians or barbarians. With their distinct differences, players on each side of the argument are willing to defend their choice to the death. But the truth of the matter is, deciphering which one is better is no easy feat.
On one hand, barbarians have established themselves as a reliable and sturdy troop. They offer decent health points and a solid amount of damage that can become quite lethal when they lock onto an opponent’s tower. But on the other hand, the elite barbarians offer a faster speed and more damage output that is hard to match. But do these benefits come at a cost? And more importantly, do they outweigh the benefits that the barbarians bring to the table?
It’s not a question of which troop to use, it’s a question of which strategy that best suits your playing style. Each troop holds certain advantages and disadvantages, depending on what you are looking to accomplish within the game. So the real question is, are you looking to rush your enemy, or to strategically take them down with efficiency? Ultimately, the decision comes down to what will serve your personal game play the best.
Comparing Elite Barbarians vs Barbarians
The game Clash Royale features two types of barb units that are popular among players: the Elite Barbarians and the regular Barbarians. The Elite Barbarians are a more advanced version of the regular ones and players frequently argue about which unit is better. This discussion is important as it helps determine which unit is the best choice for different gameplay styles or in specific situations. Below we will compare these two units based on a few different factors.
- The cost of these two units is different: Elite Barbarians cost 6 elixirs while the regular Barbarians cost 5 elixirs to deploy.
- The Elite Barbarians come as a pair while the Barbarians come in a group of four.
- Health Points: Elite Barbarians have a total health of 970 (485 each) while Barbarians have a total health of 636 (159 each).
- Damage Per Second: Elite Barbarians do 301 damage per second (151 each) while Barbarians do 70 damage per second (17 each).
Strengths and Weaknesses of Elite Barbarians
The Elite Barbarians are a very strong unit in the game. They possess high speed, high DPS, and can deal a great amount of damage before going down. They are often used in rush decks, dealing quick attacks on the enemy towers. However, they are somewhat vulnerable to spells like Fireball, Poison, Freeze, and Zap which can kill them quickly with minimal effort. They are not strong in defense either as they lack good range.
Strengths and Weaknesses of Barbarians
For a lower elixir cost, the Barbarians are a great defensive unit as they can be used to counter strong ground forces. Barbarians have good health points and have the ability to absorb a lot of damage before going down. They can also deal a good amount of damage if they surround the enemy troops. However, they are slower than the Elite Barbarians and can be easily killed by splash damage, making them vulnerable to spells or area of effect attacks.
|Strong in offense||Great defensive unit|
|High DPS||Good health points|
|High speed||Vulnerable to splash damage|
|Susceptible to spells||Slower than Elite Barbarians|
In conclusion, both units are great additions to any deck. While the Elite Barbarians are strong in offense, the regular Barbarians are better as a defensive unit. Therefore, deciding which one to use depends on your gameplay style and strategy. Additionally, mixing both units in the same deck can be an effective strategy for diverse gameplay options.
Elite Barbarians’ strengths and weaknesses
Elite Barbarians are a common sight in Clash Royale battles, known for their speed and damage capabilities. But like any card in the game, they have strengths and weaknesses that need to be understood in order to make the most out of them.
- Strengths: Elite Barbarians are essentially two Barbarians fused into one, making them a formidable force in the arena. They have a high damage per second (DPS) rate, and can take down towers and other units quickly. Their fast movement speed also allows them to quickly reach enemy targets, making them a great card for countering enemy pushes.
- Weaknesses: Despite their strengths, Elite Barbarians also have some significant weaknesses. They have low hitpoints and can be easily taken out by spells like fireball or rocket. They are also vulnerable to units that can slow them down, like ice golem or ice wizard. Another weakness is their high elixir cost – at 6 elixir, they can be a risky card to play if not used strategically.
In order to make the most out of Elite Barbarians, it’s important to understand their strengths and weaknesses and play them accordingly. They can be a powerful tool in your deck if used correctly, but can also spell disaster if played at the wrong time. It’s important to have a balanced deck that can counter some of their weaknesses, and to use them strategically to avoid wasting valuable elixir.
Overall, Elite Barbarians are a strong card that can pack a punch in the arena. But like any card in Clash Royale, they have their strengths and weaknesses that should be carefully considered before adding them to your deck.
Barbarians’ strengths and weaknesses
Barbarians have long been one of the most versatile and popular cards in the game of Clash Royale. They are a staple choice for most players because of their reliability and low elixir cost. However, they do have their strengths and weaknesses that need to be analyzed before using them in a match.
Strengths of Barbarians
- High Damage – Barbarians’ individual damage output may not be as high as other troops, but their collective damage can destroy towers and enemy troops in a matter of seconds.
- Versatility – Barbarians can be used in many different ways like defending against ground troops, taking out enemy buildings, or attacking together with a tank unit.
- Low Elixir Cost – At only four elixirs, Barbarians are a cheap and effective choice that can be deployed quickly and frequently.
Weaknesses of Barbarians
However, Barbarians also have their weaknesses that need to be considered before using them in battle.
- Vulnerable to Air Troops – Being ground troops, Barbarians cannot attack or defend against air troops. This makes them vulnerable to attack by air units such as Minions, Baby Dragons and Lava Hounds.
- Weak to Splash Damage – Splash damage can easily wipe out Barbarians due to them being a swarm unit. Splash damage can be caused by units like the Wizard and Bomber.
- No Ranged Attacks – Because they are close-range troops, Barbarians cannot hit enemies from a distance. This makes them vulnerable to long-range troops such as archers and the Musketeer.
Barbarians are a solid choice for play in both attack and defense, but they do have their strengths and weaknesses that must be considered before using them. They are a cheap and versatile troop that can be effective when paired with the right cards, but depending on the situation on the field, elite barbarians may sometimes be a better choice.
|High collective damage||Vulnerable to air troops|
|Versatile on the field||Weak to splash damage|
|Low elixir cost||No ranged attacks|
By understanding how to play to their strengths and protect their weaknesses, including an emphasis on troop placement and game strategy, will help give players an edge while playing with Barbarians.
When to Use Elite Barbarians or Barbarians
Gone are the days when we had very limited options in Clash Royale. Nowadays, there is an overwhelming amount of different cards to choose from, making the game both challenging and exciting. One dilemma that players often face is deciding between elite barbarians or regular barbarians.
- The level of the player
- The player’s playstyle
- The player’s strategy
When it comes to the level of the player, it’s important to note that Elite Barbarians are a rarity. They can only be unlocked in Arena 10 and can only be requested in Clan level 10 or higher. This means that players who are new to the game or who haven’t progressed much might not have this card in their deck.
On the other hand, Barbarians are a common card that can be easily unlocked from Arena 3, making them accessible to players who are just starting. Players at a lower level might not be able to handle the power of Elite Barbarians anyway, making Barbarians the better choice for them.
When it comes to playstyle, Elite Barbarians are the card for you if you’re the type of player who likes to go all-out on offenses. They deal more damage and have more hit points than the regular Barbarians, making them formidable on the battlefield. If you want to take your opponents down quickly, then Elite Barbarians are your best bet.
However, if you prefer a more defensive playstyle, regular Barbarians are the way to go. They might not have the brute force of Elite Barbarians, but they are still a force to be reckoned with. Plus, they have a lower elixir cost, which can come in handy during critical moments in the game.
When it comes to strategy, players who want to defend themselves from swarms might opt for regular Barbarians and their higher number. On the other hand, players who want to deal as much damage to individual targets as possible can opt for Elite Barbarians. They deal more damage than their regular counterparts, particularly to player-operated cards.
|Barbarians||5||300 x 4 = 1,200||96-108|
Ultimately, choosing between Elite Barbarians or regular Barbarians will depend on the player’s level, playstyle, and strategy in Clash Royale. Both cards have their strengths and weaknesses, and it’s up to the player to determine which one suits their game plan best. Whether you choose Elite Barbarians or regular Barbarians, the most important thing is to make sure they fit seamlessly into your deck and complement your other cards well.
Tips for using Elite Barbarians effectively
Are you torn between choosing Elite Barbarians or regular Barbarians to add to your Clash Royale game? Although both are strong options, Elite Barbarians have proven to be a fan favorite due to their increased stats and special ability. Here are some tips for using Elite Barbarians effectively:
- Use them as a counter-attack: Elite Barbarians are a great defensive option, but they shine when they’re used to counter-attack. Wait for your opponent to make a move and then deploy these fierce warriors behind their troops. They’ll quickly shred through your opponent’s forces and take down the enemy’s towers.
- Pair them with Ice Golem: Elite Barbarians are vulnerable to swarm troops and spells, so it’s important to have a tank to protect them. Ice Golem is a great choice to pair with Elite Barbarians, as they’ll take the damage while the Barbarians deal the heavy hits.
- Deploy them in pairs: It’s tempting to deploy all your Elite Barbarians at once, but it’s more strategic to send them out in pairs. This will spread out their DPS and be harder for your opponent to deal with. Keep in mind that they move quite fast, so it’s important to time their deployment carefully.
Comparison: Elite Barbarians vs Barbarians
Both Elite Barbarians and Barbarians have their own strengths and weaknesses. While regular Barbarians are more cost-effective, they lack the speed and damage that Elite Barbarians provide. Take a look at the table below to see how they compare:
|Cost||6 elixir||5 elixir|
|Special Ability||Rage ability, increases movement and attack speed||N/A|
Combos with Elite Barbarians
If you’re looking for some powerful combos to use with Elite Barbarians, try these out:
- Elite Barbarians + Freeze: Freeze your opponent’s troops and towers to allow your Elite Barbarians to wreak havoc.
- Elite Barbarians + Princess: Deploy Princess behind Elite Barbarians to take down any counter troops or help clear the path of swarms.
- Elite Barbarians + Zap: Zap will reset your opponent’s troops, giving your Elite Barbarians a chance to deal more damage.
Tips for using Barbarians effectively
Barbarians are one of the most versatile troops in Clash Royale. They are cheap and quick to produce, making them a popular choice for both offense and defense. However, they are often compared to their elite counterpart, the Elite Barbarians. So, which one is better? Keep reading to find out.
- Use Barbarians as a distraction: Place Barbarians in front of a high-damage troop like the Prince or P.E.K.K.A. to absorb the first attacks and protect your tower.
- Take advantage of their speed: Barbarians can quickly rush to the enemy tower, dealing significant damage. Use them in combination with other troops to create a powerful push.
- Counter high-hit point troops: Barbarians do well against slow, high-hit point troops like the Giant. Their fast attack speed can take down these troops quickly.
Now let’s compare the Barbarians to their Elite counterpart.
Elite Barbarians are twice as expensive as Barbarians and take longer to produce. However, they have higher hit points, deal more damage, and move faster. Here is a comparison table of the two troops:
|Cost||3 elixir||6 elixir|
|Production time||14 seconds||18 seconds|
|Hit points||300 (each)||554 (each)|
|Damage per second||75 (each)||170 (each)|
As you can see, Elite Barbarians have significantly higher hit points, damage per second, and move faster. However, they are twice as expensive and take longer to produce. It really comes down to personal preference and your overall strategy.
In conclusion, Barbarians are a versatile troop that can be used effectively on both offense and defense. They are quick, cheap, and can be used as a distraction or to counter high-hit point troops. Elite Barbarians, while more expensive, have significantly higher hit points, damage, and speed. Both troops have their strengths and weaknesses, so experiment with them and see what works best for your playstyle.
Elite Barbarians and Barbarians in different game modes
Choosing the right troop cards is crucial in the game Clash Royale. One of the most debated topics among players is which troop card is better – Elite Barbarians or Barbarians? Here we will dive into the comparison between these two cards in different game modes, to help you make an informed decision.
Elite Barbarians vs Barbarians
- Cost: The Barbarians card cost 5 elixirs, whereas Elite Barbarians card cost 6 elixirs. This means that Elite Barbarians require more elixirs to deploy on the battlefield.
- Strength: The Elite Barbarians card has higher DPS (damage per second) compared to Barbarians. With their double swords and increased speed, they can cause destruction quickly. However, Barbarians card is stronger in terms of health points. They can withstand more damage while dealing substantial damage to their opponents.
- Speed: Elite Barbarians are faster and can reach their target faster, whereas Barbarians are relatively slower.
- Spawning technique: Barbarians are spawned from one card, whereas Elite Barbarians are spawned from two cards, increasing their chances of overwhelming the opponent.
- Target preference: Barbarians focus on ground troops, while Elite Barbarians can attack both ground troops and air troops.
- Countered by: Elite Barbarians can easily be countered by swarm troops and air troops. On the other hand, Barbarians are vulnerable against splash damage troops like Fireball.
- Usage: Elite Barbarians are commonly used in offensive decks, whereas Barbarians are defensive troop cards.
Elite Barbarians and Barbarians in different game modes
Now, let’s look at how these troop cards perform in different game modes:
In Arena Battles, Elite Barbarians are excellent for quick and aggressive attacks on the opponent’s towers since they are faster and stronger than Barbarians.
In Clan Wars, Barbarians work best as a defensive troop card since they can withstand more damage. They can act as a shield while other troops deal damage to the opponent’s towers.
In 2v2 battles, both cards can be effective depending on your strategy and your partner’s strategy. Elite Barbarians can lead an aggressive attack, while Barbarians protect your partner’s cards during defense.
Elite Barbarians and Barbarians are both great troop cards in Clash Royale. Your choice between them ultimately depends on your playstyle, the game mode you play, and your strategy. Understanding their strengths and weaknesses is crucial in making an informed decision and dominating the battlefield.
|DPS||301(two swords)||77(one sword)|
|Health points||970||300 per troop|
|Hit speed||1.4 seconds||1.5 seconds|
|Spawned from||Two cards||One card|
|Targets||Ground and air||Ground|
*Table Source: clashroyale.fandom.com
What is better, Elite Barbarians or Barbarians?
1. What is the difference between Elite Barbarians and Barbarians?
Both cards are melee troops that target ground units, but Elite Barbarians have higher hitpoints, deal more damage per second, and cost more elixir to deploy.
2. Are Elite Barbarians worth the extra elixir cost?
It depends on your deck and playstyle. Elite Barbarians are fast and deal a lot of damage, but they are also expensive and can be vulnerable to crowd control cards. If you prefer an aggressive playstyle and can protect your Elite Barbarians, they can be a valuable addition to your deck.
3. Are Barbarians better for defense?
Yes, Barbarians have four units whereas Elite Barbarians have only two. This makes Barbarians better for defending against swarms and tanks.
4. Can Elite Barbarians be used as a tank?
Elite Barbarians can be used as a tank, but they are not as effective as larger units such as the Giant or Golem. They are best used to quickly take down enemy towers or high-priority targets.
5. Which card should I use in my deck?
It ultimately depends on your playstyle and deck composition. If you need a cheaper and more versatile melee unit for defending and counter-attacking, Barbarians are a good choice. If you prefer a more aggressive playstyle and have a deck that can support them, Elite Barbarians can be a devastating offensive force.
6. How do I counter Elite Barbarians?
Elite Barbarians can be countered with crowd control cards such as the Valkyrie, Mini P.E.K.K.A., or Skeleton Army. Kiting them with cheap troops like Goblins or Ice Spirit can also buy time for your towers or other troops to take them down.
7. How do I counter Barbarians?
Barbarians can be countered with area damage spells like Fireball or Poison. Crowd control units like the Valkyrie or Executioner can also take them down quickly.
In conclusion, whether Elite Barbarians or Barbarians are better for your deck will depend on your playstyle and composition. Both cards have their advantages and disadvantages, so experiment and find what works best for you. Thank you for reading and we hope to see you again soon for more Clash Royale strategy tips.