Hey guys, have you ever found yourself wondering how long does GoPro Hero 7 battery last when you’re out filming? Well, today we’re going to dive into this question and help you choose the best settings to get the most out of your GoPro Hero 7’s battery life.
As we all know, GoPro cameras have come a long way since they first came on the market and one of the biggest concerns people have is the battery life. The GoPro Hero 7 is no exception, but you might be surprised to learn that it’s actually a step up from its predecessor in this area. But how long does GoPro Hero 7 battery last?
Well, that really depends on what setting you’re shooting on. The GoPro Hero 7 is built to allow you to capture every moment in stunning detail, but it comes at a cost to battery life. However, don’t fret, we’re here to provide some helpful tips on how to conserve your battery life and capture all the action at the same time. So, let’s jump in and explore the ins and outs of the GoPro Hero 7’s battery life.
GoPro HERO 7 Battery Specifications
The GoPro HERO 7 is a popular camera used for capturing adventure and action footage. One of the most important specifications for any camera is its battery life. With the HERO 7, GoPro has made some impressive improvements to the battery life, compared to previous models. Let’s take a closer look at some of the specs:
- The HERO 7 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 1220mAh.
- The camera can record up to 60 minutes of 4K video at 60fps on a single charge.
- When shooting at 1080p, the battery can last up to 120 minutes.
- The HERO 7 features a removable battery, which makes it easy to replace or carry spares for longer shoots.
- In addition, the camera has a feature called “Auto Low Light” which can help to extend the battery life. This feature automatically adjusts the frame rate based on the lighting conditions to save power.
It’s important to note that the battery life can be affected by various factors such as the temperature, mode of operation and usage conditions. For example, using features like the Wi-Fi, GPS, and voice control will consume more battery life than not using them at all.
Overall, the GoPro HERO 7 battery life is a significant improvement over its predecessors. With ample battery capacity and improved power management features, you can focus on capturing amazing footage without worrying about running out of juice.
Battery life of HERO 7 during video recording
Recording videos with the GoPro HERO 7 is an exciting experience, especially with its commendable video quality. However, it is important to note the battery life during video recording, which is a significant factor to consider, so you do not miss capturing incredible moments.
- The HERO 7 Black has a battery capacity of 1220mAh, which provides an average battery life of 1 hour and 45 minutes when recording 1080p footage at 60 frames per second.
- When recording at 4K resolution with 60 fps, the battery life reduces to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Similarly, when recording at 1080p resolution with 120 fps, the battery life reduces to 55 minutes due to the increased processing and frame capturing demands.
Moreover, recording at lower resolutions, such as 720p, will increase the battery life. It should also be noted that the battery life is affected by other factors such as the usage of Wi-Fi, GPS, and other functionalities.
The table below outlines the approximate battery life of the HERO 7 for different video resolutions:
|1 hour and 15 minutes
|1 hour and 30 minutes
|1 hour and 10 minutes
|1 hour and 25 minutes
|1 hour and 50 minutes
|1 hour and 45 minutes
|1 hour and 55 minutes
Overall, it is crucial to consider the battery life when recording videos with the GoPro HERO 7. Knowing the approximate battery life for different resolutions and frame rates helps to ensure you do not run out of battery life mid-way through an important recording.
Battery life of HERO 7 during time-lapse recording
Time-lapse photography is an incredible visual storytelling tool. It takes a sequence of images captured over a specified interval and compresses them into a video clip. GoPro HERO 7’s ability to capture time-lapse makes it an exceptional camera for outdoor and sports photography.
When it comes to battery life, HERO 7’s performance during time-lapse recording is impressive. The battery life on a HERO 7 Black is 1220 mAh, which can last for more than one hour. However, the exact battery life will depend on various factors such as the camera’s settings, environmental temperature, and the battery’s age.
Factors that influence HERO 7 battery life during time-lapse recording
- Camera Settings: The GoPro HERO 7 offers numerous settings that can impact battery life. The high-resolution setting tends to consume more energy, resulting in shorter battery life. On the other hand, lower resolution settings consume less battery power.
- Interval between shots: Time-lapse shots can be set to capture at different intervals, including 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 seconds. Higher interval settings can preserve battery life, while shorter intervals consume more power.
- Environmental temperature: Cold temperatures can reduce battery life, while hot temperatures can cause the camera to shut down. The HERO 7 is designed to perform optimally at room temperature between 70-90°F (20-32°C).
HERO 7 Battery life Table during time-lapse recording
|1 hour 10 minutes
|1 hour 25 minutes
|1 hour 45 minutes
The table above represents approximate battery life during time-lapse recording at different resolutions and intervals.
Battery life of HERO 7 during photo shooting
One of the most significant improvements of the HERO 7 compared to its predecessors is its battery life. When it comes to photo shooting, the HERO 7’s battery can last for a significant amount of time, depending on the shooting mode.
- In single photo mode, the HERO 7 can last for up to 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- In burst mode, where several photos are taken in quick succession, the battery life is reduced to approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- In time-lapse mode, where the HERO 7 takes photos at set intervals, the battery can last for up to 2 hours and 45 minutes.
It is important to note that these battery life estimates are based on the HERO 7 being used in optimal conditions, such as at room temperature and with a fully charged battery.
Additionally, the battery life can be affected by various factors, such as the temperature, shooting mode, and settings used. For example, using the built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, or voice control can shorten the battery life. Similarly, using a higher resolution or frame rate can also have an impact on the battery performance.
Battery life saving tips
To help extend the battery life of your HERO 7 when photo shooting, consider the following tips:
- Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, and voice control when not in use.
- Reduce the screen brightness or turn off the screen when not needed.
- Use a lower resolution or frame rate if possible, especially if you don’t need high-quality images.
- Carry spare batteries or a portable charger if you are planning on using the HERO 7 for an extended period.
Battery life comparison with other GoPro models
The battery life of the HERO 7 during photo shooting is significantly better than its predecessors. For example, the HERO 5 Black could only last up to 1 hour and 15 minutes in single photo mode, while the HERO 6 Black could only last up to 1 hour and 50 minutes.
|Battery life (photo mode)
|HERO 5 Black
|Up to 1 hour and 15 minutes
|HERO 6 Black
|Up to 1 hour and 50 minutes
|HERO 7 Black
|Up to 1 hour and 45 minutes (single photo mode)
Overall, the HERO 7’s battery life during photo shooting is quite impressive and should be sufficient for most users, especially if you follow the battery saving tips mentioned above.
Battery life of HERO 7 with Wi-Fi turned on
The HERO 7 is an amazing action camera that is perfect for capturing stunning footage no matter where you are. One of the main concerns of any camera, however, is battery life. So, how long does the HERO 7 battery last with Wi-Fi turned on?
- The HERO 7 has a built-in rechargeable battery that can last up to 1 hour and 45 minutes when recording video at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.
- If you’re capturing video at a higher resolution, such as 4K, the battery life will be shorter. With this setting on, you can expect your battery to last for around 50 to 60 minutes.
- When you have Wi-Fi turned on, your HERO 7’s battery life will decrease even further. You can expect the HERO 7’s battery life to last only about 1 hour and 30 minutes when Wi-Fi is enabled.
It’s important to note that if you are using your HERO 7 in cold temperatures, this can affect the battery life. Cold temperatures can cause the battery to drain faster, so be sure to keep this in mind when using your camera in cold environments.
If you’re planning to use your HERO 7 for an extended period of time, it’s a good idea to bring extra batteries with you. This way, you can simply swap out the battery when one dies and continue capturing stunning footage. Luckily, the HERO 7’s battery is easy to remove and replace, so this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
Battery life comparison table
|Battery Life (No Wi-Fi)
|Battery Life (Wi-Fi Enabled)
|1 hour 45 minutes
|1 hour 30 minutes
|2 hours 15 minutes
Overall, the HERO 7’s battery life is impressive, especially considering how much power is needed to capture high-quality video footage. By bringing extra batteries and being mindful of your camera’s battery life, you can continue to capture amazing footage with your HERO 7 no matter where your adventures take you.
Battery life of HERO 7 with GPS turned on
GPS is one of the most popular features of GoPro HERO 7. It helps you track your location, speed, and altitude, which can be useful for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and skiing. However, enabling GPS can also drain the battery faster than usual. In this section, we will discuss the battery life of HERO 7 with GPS turned on and provide helpful tips to extend battery life.
- The battery life of HERO 7 with GPS turned on can vary depending on usage and settings. According to GoPro, the camera can last up to 1 hour and 45 minutes of continuous recording with GPS enabled. However, this estimation may not be accurate in real-life situations.
- The battery life of HERO 7 with GPS turned on may be shorter in cold temperatures or high altitude. When the temperature drops, the battery performance could decrease by up to 50%. Similarly, the battery may drain faster when you use the camera at high altitudes due to the thinner air.
- Enabling other features such as WiFi, voice control, and high frame rate may also affect the battery life of HERO 7 with GPS turned on. It’s recommended to disable these features when you don’t need them to save battery.
To extend the battery life of HERO 7 with GPS turned on, you can try the following tips:
- Turn off GPS when you don’t need it. You can enable GPS only when you want to track your location or speed and disable it afterward.
- Lower the GPS accuracy. In the camera settings, you can adjust the GPS accuracy to save battery. The lower the accuracy, the less battery the GPS will consume.
- Reduce screen brightness. The screen can consume a significant amount of battery. You can reduce the screen brightness to save power.
- Use a larger capacity battery. If you plan to use HERO 7 with GPS turned on for an extended period, you can use a larger capacity battery to increase the battery life. However, keep in mind that using third-party batteries may void the warranty.
Overall, the battery life of HERO 7 with GPS turned on can be shorter than without GPS, but with the right settings and usage, you can make the most out of the camera’s battery. By following the tips above, you can extend the battery life and capture all your outdoor adventures without worry.
|HERO 7 Black battery life
|With GPS enabled
|With GPS disabled
|1 hour and 45 minutes
|2 hours and 15 minutes
|1 hour and 55 minutes
|2 hours and 30 minutes
|Photo (5MP JPEG)
Note: The battery life may vary depending on usage and settings. The table above is based on GoPro’s official specifications.
Battery Life of HERO 7 with Voice Control Feature Activated
If you’re planning to record using your HERO 7 GoPro, it’s essential to know how long its battery can last. With the added voice control feature, you might wonder if it has any impact on the battery life of the device. In general, GoPro HERO 7 has a battery life that ranges from 50 minutes to 110 minutes, depending on its usage.
- The HERO 7 Black can provide up to 110 minutes of battery life when recording 1080p video at 60 frames per second (fps) with the voice control feature turned off.
- Turning on the voice control feature on the same settings, the battery life of the HERO 7 Black drops to 75 minutes.
- For HERO 7 Silver, the battery life is shorter, with only 60 minutes of recording time when shooting with 1080p video at 60 fps and voice control disabled. Turning on the voice control feature further reduces its battery life to 45 minutes.
It’s important to note that battery life can vary depending on several factors, including video settings, environmental conditions, and age of the battery. It’s recommended to carry a spare battery if you plan on taking long video shots.
|Battery Life (Voice Control Off)
|Battery Life (Voice Control On)
|HERO 7 Black
|Up to 110 minutes
|HERO 7 Silver
|HERO 7 White
Ultimately, the voice control feature on HERO 7 GoPro devices can affect their battery life. Users must be mindful of their recording settings and battery usage to extend the device’s battery life.
Battery life of HERO 7 with ProTune settings
The GoPro HERO 7 is a robust camera capable of capturing hours of footage in high-quality. However, battery life is crucial for any adventurer, especially when it comes to lengthy time-lapses or extended filming sessions. With advanced settings, such as ProTune, battery life may be sacrificed for an increase in quality. Let’s take a closer look at how long the HERO 7’s battery lasts with ProTune settings.
- ProTune Settings:
- ISO Limit: 6400
- Shutter: Auto
- EV Comp: 0
- White Balance: Auto
When using the HERO 7 with ProTune settings, you can expect to get approximately 70-90 minutes of continuous filming time, depending on factors such as temperature and the brightness of the screen. With this in mind, it’s recommended to carry at least one additional battery, or a power bank, to ensure that your camera doesn’t die on you while you’re out and about.
It’s worth noting that decreasing the ISO limit and increasing the shutter speed will result in better battery life. However, doing so comes at the cost of lower-quality footage. If you’re looking for the ultimate balance between battery life and quality, start by reducing the ISO limit to 3200 while keeping the shutter on auto.
|ISO Limit 3200 with Auto Shutter
|ISO Limit 3200 with 1/60 Shutter
As you can see in the table above, adjusting the ISO limit and the shutter speed can have a significant impact on battery life. It’s essential to find the balance that works best for your specific filming needs.
In conclusion, the HERO 7 with ProTune settings provides high-quality footage, but it comes at a cost to battery life. By adjusting settings such as the ISO limit and the shutter speed, you can increase battery life without compromising on quality. Additionally, carrying spare batteries or a power bank can ensure that you get the footage you need while on the go.
Tips to Extend HERO 7 Battery Life
The GoPro HERO 7 is a great camera for capturing action-packed moments and high-quality footage, but its battery life can be a limiting factor, especially if you are planning to use it for longer periods of time. Here are some tips to extend the battery life of your HERO 7:
- Lower the Screen Brightness: By lowering the screen brightness of your HERO 7, you can significantly improve the battery life. To do this, go to Preferences > Touch Display > Brightness and turn it down to a lower level. This will not only save power, but it will also help you to see the screen better in bright daylight.
- Turn off Wi-Fi: If you’re not using the Wi-Fi feature and are recording footage directly to the SD card, turning off Wi-Fi can save you a lot of battery life. To do this, go to Preferences > Connections > Wi-Fi and turn it off.
- Use QuickCapture: QuickCapture is a feature that allows you to start recording footage by pressing a single button on your HERO 7. By using this feature, you can avoid wasting battery life on the camera’s display screen. To activate QuickCapture, go to Preferences > General > QuickCapture and turn it on.
Here are more tips that can help you extend the battery life of your HERO 7:
- Use a High-Quality SD Card: Using a high-quality SD card that has a fast read/write speed can reduce the burden on the battery. This is because the HERO 7 won’t have to work as hard to transfer data to the card, which can save battery life.
- Turn off Voice Control: Voice control is a handy feature, but it can consume a lot of battery life. If you’re not using voice control, it’s recommended to turn it off to save power. Go to Preferences > Voice Control > Off.
- Keep the Camera Cool: When the camera gets too hot, it can cause the battery life to shorten. So, make sure to avoid using it in direct sunlight or in any other situation where the temperature is too high.
HERO 7 Battery Life by Mode
The battery life of your HERO 7 can also depend on the mode that you are using. Some modes consume more power than others, so it’s important to be aware of this to get the most out of your camera’s battery life. Here is a table that shows the battery life of HERO 7 by mode:
|Video Recording 1080p 30fps
|1 hour 20 minutes
|Video Recording 4K 60fps
|Time Lapse Video 1080p 30fps
|Night Lapse Photo
|1 hour 35 minutes
|1 hour 30 minutes
Keep in mind that this table is for reference only and the actual battery life of your HERO 7 may vary depending on many factors, including the temperature, usage, battery health, and settings.
Alternative power options for HERO 7 camera
GoPro HERO 7 has a built-in rechargeable battery that provides a decent amount of power. However, for extended use or when you don’t have access to power outlets, you might need to consider alternative power sources. Here are some options:
- Portable power bank: These are external battery packs that you can use to charge your GoPro while on the go. You can easily find power banks of various sizes and capacities, but make sure you get one with enough power to last for your intended use.
- Solar charger: If you are going on an outdoor adventure in a sunny location, a solar charger can come in handy. These chargers use solar panels to convert sunlight into energy that can charge your GoPro’s battery. Just keep in mind that they might not work well in cloudy or shady areas.
- Battery Grip: A battery grip is a handheld device that combines an extended battery and a grip handle. It not only extends your GoPro’s battery life but also gives you a more comfortable and stable grip while shooting.
While these options can help you get more power for your GoPro HERO 7, it’s still advisable to carry spare batteries and make sure they are fully charged before heading out. Also, keep in mind that using certain power-hungry features, such as recording in 4K or using high frame rates, will drain your battery faster.
Below is a table that shows the estimated battery life of GoPro HERO 7 for different recording settings:
|Estimated Battery Life
|1 hour and 15 minutes
|1 hour and 5 minutes
As you can see, the battery life varies greatly depending on the recording settings. Therefore, it’s crucial to be mindful of your usage and have backup options when needed.
FAQs: How Long Does GoPro Hero 7 Battery Last?
1. What is the battery life of GoPro Hero 7?
The battery life of GoPro Hero 7 depends on various factors such as resolution, frame rate, and features used. However, on average, it lasts for about 60-90 minutes.
2. Can I increase the battery life of my GoPro Hero 7?
Yes, there are some ways to increase GoPro Hero 7 battery life such as avoiding high-resolution videos and turning off WiFi and other features when not in use.
3. How long does it take to charge a GoPro Hero 7 battery fully?
It takes around 2-3 hours to charge the GoPro Hero 7 battery fully using a wall charger. However, it may take longer if charged using a USB port.
4. Can I use an external power bank to charge my GoPro Hero 7?
Yes, you can use an external power bank to charge your GoPro Hero 7. It is a useful accessory for longer and continuous shooting.
5. Is there any warning before the battery dies?
Yes, your GoPro Hero 7 will give you a warning before the battery dies. It will notify you by flashing a red light, indicating low battery.
6. Which mode drains the battery the most?
Recording in high-resolution mode at a high frame rate and using features like WiFi, GPS, and voice control can drain the GoPro Hero 7 battery the most.
7. How do I know when my GoPro Hero 7 is fully charged?
Your GoPro Hero 7 will indicate a full charge by showing a green light on the front screen.
We hope this article helped you understand how long GoPro Hero 7 battery lasts and how to increase its lifespan. Remember to use lower resolution and frame rate when possible and turn off WiFi and other features when not in use. Thank you for reading, and please visit us again for more exciting content.