Every time we get a new hair color, whether it’s at home or at the salon, we find ourselves pondering how long it will last. It’s natural to want to know how long a particular hair dye product will keep your locks looking good. Today we’re going to dive into the world of Bigen hair dye and answer the question that’s been on your mind – just how long does Bigen last?
Bigen is a popular hair dye brand known for its exceptional coverage and long-lasting results. But how long can you expect the color to stay? Is it worth your time and money if it only lasts for a week? Or will it keep your hair coloring going for months beyond what you’d typically expect? Keep on reading to find out!
When it comes to Bigen hair dye, there are no shortcuts to unbeatable results. You can’t compromise on using quality products if you want the longest-lasting, most lustrous hair color. Not to worry, though – Bigen delivers on its promise of long-lasting, professional hair color. With the results last up to four or six weeks, you can rest assured that your hair color will look vibrant and natural for an extended period.
What is Bigen and how does it work?
Bigen is a brand that offers hair coloring products that are designed to change the color of hair without using harsh chemicals such as ammonia and hydrogen peroxide. Bigen works by incorporating a colorant molecule into the hair follicle. Its unique formula allows the colorant to penetrate the hair shaft, where it remains until it is cut off or falls out naturally.
- Bigen products are available in both powder and cream forms
- They come in a wide variety of colors, including natural shades and bright fashion colors
- Bigen products are suitable for all hair types, whether curly, straight, relaxed, or natural
One of the significant advantages of using Bigen products is that they are gentle on the hair and do not cause damage, dryness, or breakage. Instead, they leave the hair feeling softer and smoother. Additionally, Bigen’s color formula is long-lasting, offering a rich, natural-looking color that can last for up to four to six weeks with proper care.
Factors that affect the lasting power of Bigen hair dye
One of the biggest benefits of using Bigen hair dye is its long-lasting power. Compared to other brands, Bigen can last for up to 6 weeks without fading or losing its vibrancy. However, the lasting power of Bigen can be affected by several factors:
- Hair texture: The texture of your hair can affect how well the Bigen hair dye takes to your strands. Coarse or gray hair tends to absorb the dye more effectively, leading to a longer-lasting color. Fine or damaged hair, on the other hand, may not hold onto the dye as well.
- Previous hair treatments: If you have recently chemically treated your hair, such as with a perm or relaxer, your hair may be more porous than usual. This means it may soak up more dye, resulting in a longer-lasting color. However, if you have recently used a clarifying shampoo or have done a deep-cleansing treatment, it may strip your hair of its natural oils and affect how well the dye holds onto your hair.
- Color selection: Some colors may last longer than others. Darker colors tend to last longer than lighter colors, as they have a higher concentration of pigment. Reds and vibrant shades may fade quicker due to the nature of the color molecules.
To maximize the lasting power of Bigen, it’s important to follow the instructions carefully. This includes performing a strand test before applying the dye, ensuring that your hair is clean and dry, and leaving the dye on for the recommended time. Additionally, using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner can help to prolong the longevity of the color.
If you’re looking for a guaranteed long-lasting hair color solution that will keep its vibrancy for weeks on end, Bigen is a great choice. By taking care of your hair and following the instructions carefully, you can enjoy a beautiful color that will stay pigmented for weeks to come.
The effect of time on the lasting power of Bigen hair dye
Another important factor that affects the lasting power of Bigen hair dye is time. While it can last for up to 6 weeks, the intensity of the color may fade over time. The exposure to sunlight, heat styling tools, and other environmental factors may also contribute to the fading of the color.
The table below shows the approximate duration of Bigen hair dye longevity under different circumstances.
|Factors||Duration of Longevity|
|Indoor exposure only||4-6 weeks|
|Moderate sun exposure||3-4 weeks|
|Frequent heat styling||2-3 weeks|
|Bleaching or stripping||1-2 weeks|
It’s important to keep your hair healthy and protected to ensure that the Bigen hair dye lasts as long as possible. Using a heat protectant spray before using styling tools and wearing a hat or scarf when exposed to the sun can help protect your hair from environmental factors. Additionally, using a color-protecting shampoo and conditioner will help to lock in the pigments and maintain the vibrancy of the color for longer.
How long does Bigen last on different hair types?
If you’re considering using Bigen hair dye and wondering how long it will last, the answer depends on your hair type. Here’s a breakdown:
- Straight or slightly wavy hair: Bigen hair dye can last up to 4-6 weeks on straight or slightly wavy hair that has not been chemically treated.
- Curly or coarse hair: If you have curly or coarse hair, Bigen hair dye can last up to 6-8 weeks, as these hair types are typically more resilient to color loss.
- Chemically treated hair: If your hair has been previously dyed or relaxed, Bigen hair dye may not last as long as it would on untreated hair. In this case, you may need touch-ups every 2-4 weeks to maintain your color.
It’s important to note that the longevity of Bigen hair dye also depends on how well you take care of your colored hair. Using gentle, sulfate-free shampoos and avoiding excessive heat styling can help extend the life of your color.
Factors that affect Bigen hair dye longevity
Aside from hair type, a number of other factors can impact how long Bigen hair dye lasts. These include:
- The shade of the hair dye you choose: Generally, darker shades of Bigen hair dye tend to last longer than lighter shades.
- The quality of the hair dye: Opting for a higher quality, professional-grade hair dye can help ensure better color retention and longer lasting results.
- The application process: Properly mixing and applying the hair dye according to the manufacturer’s instructions can help ensure even color and longer lasting results.
- Your hair’s porosity: Hair that is more porous may absorb color more readily and may require more frequent touch-ups to maintain color vibrancy.
- Your hair care routine: Using harsh shampoos, excessive heat styling, and exposing your hair to chlorine or saltwater may cause premature color fading.
Bigen hair dye longevity table
Here’s a breakdown of how long you can expect Bigen hair dye to last, based on your hair type:
|Hair Type||Untreated Hair||Chemically Treated Hair|
|Straight or slightly wavy||4-6 weeks||2-4 weeks|
|Curly or coarse||6-8 weeks||3-6 weeks|
Keep in mind that these are rough estimates and your Bigen hair dye may last longer or shorter depending on various factors.
Can the color intensity of Bigen fade over time?
One of the most common questions people have about using Bigen is how long the color will last. While Bigen is known for its long-lasting effect, it is important to note that hair color can fade over time. The duration of Bigen color depends on various factors such as the porosity of your hair, the condition of your hair, and the amount of exposure to environmental factors such as sunlight, chlorine, and water that contains minerals.
- Hair Porosity: The porosity of your hair plays a critical role in how well your hair retains Bigen color. If your hair is highly porous, it will absorb the dye easily and faster. However, if your hair is less porous or more healthy, the color may last longer.
- Hair Condition: The condition of your hair also plays a crucial role in determining how long the Bigen color will last. For instance, if your hair has been previously damaged by chemical treatments or heat styling, it may absorb the color less easily, causing the color to last longer.
- Exposure to Environmental Factors: Exposure to environmental factors can also impact how long the Bigen color lasts. High exposure to direct sunlight or contact with highly chlorinated water can cause the color to fade faster. The minerals present in hard water may also contribute to color fading.
Generally, Bigen color can last for up to six to eight weeks, which is relatively long compared to other hair dyes in the market. Additionally, Bigen color is known for maintaining its vibrancy even after several washes. However, it is important to note that individual results may vary based on hair type, how well you maintain your hair, and exposure to environmental factors.
|Factors That Affect Bigen Color Duration||Effect on Bigen Color Duration|
|Hair Porosity||The higher the porosity, the quicker the color can fade.|
|Hair Condition||The healthier the hair, the better it retains color.|
|Exposure to Environmental factors||Direct sunlight and harsh chemicals can cause color to fade faster.|
To maximize the duration of your Bigen color, it is essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and choose the correct shade for your hair. Additionally, you may want to invest in hair care products that help maintain the vibrancy of your hair color, such as color-safe shampoos and conditioners. Regular deep conditioning treatments can also help prevent color fading.
How often do you need to touch up Bigen hair dye?
After coloring your hair with Bigen hair dye, it’s important to maintain the color by touching up the roots as your hair grows. However, how often you need to touch up your hair dye may depend on a variety of factors, such as:
- The rate at which your hair grows
- The color intensity you desire
- The quality of your hair
- The frequency of shampooing your hair
- The exposure of your hair to sun and other environmental factors
If you want to maintain the vibrancy of the color you achieved with Bigen hair dye, it’s recommended to touch up your roots every 4-6 weeks. This time frame is based on the average hair growth rate of half an inch per month. However, if you have a faster hair growth rate, you may need to touch up more frequently, while slower hair growth rates may allow you to wait longer between touch-ups.
It’s also important to note that coloring your hair frequently can cause damage to your hair. As such, it’s essential to take good care of your hair by using quality hair care products and avoiding excessive heat styling.
Tips for extending the life of Bigen hair dye
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo to avoid stripping your hair color
- Avoid washing your hair too frequently
- Reduce exposure to direct sunlight, as it can cause your color to fade
- Avoid chlorine if possible, or use a swimming cap if you plan on swimming
- Apply a color-safe conditioning treatment to keep your hair looking vibrant and healthy
How does Bigen hair dye compare to other hair dyes?
While many hair dyes claim to offer long-lasting color, they often fall short of expectations. However, with Bigen hair dye, you can enjoy a longer lasting color that fades more evenly over time. The natural plant-based formula used in Bigen hair dye ensures that the color adheres firmly to your hair without damaging it.
Furthermore, Bigen hair dye is gentle on the scalp, making it ideal for people with sensitive skin. Unlike other hair dyes, it doesn’t contain ammonia or hydrogen peroxide, which can cause irritation and dryness.
Bigen hair dye touch-up applications
If you’re curious about how frequently you need to touch up Bigen hair dye based on your hair type and color intensity, the table below may offer some insight. Please note that these are general guidelines, and your individual hair growth rate and intensity may vary.
|Hair Color Intensity||Touch-Up Application Frequency|
|Light to medium shades||Every 4-6 weeks|
|Dark shades||Every 3-4 weeks|
|Bright or vivid shades||Every 2-3 weeks|
No matter which color intensity you prefer, Bigen hair dye is a reliable and affordable option for achieving the color you want. With proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy vibrant hair that lasts longer than with most other hair dyes.
How to Properly Care for Hair Colored with Bigen to Prolong Its Lasting Power
Bigen hair color is known for its long-lasting power, but proper care is necessary to maximize its potential. Here are some helpful tips for maintaining your Bigen-colored hair:
- Use Sulfate-Free Shampoo: Sulfate can strip the color from your hair, so it’s important to use a shampoo that doesn’t contain it. Look for a sulfate-free shampoo specifically formulated for colored hair.
- Avoid Hot Water: Hot water can also strip the color from your hair, so it’s best to use lukewarm water when washing and rinsing your hair.
- Towel Dry Gently: Vigorously rubbing your hair with a towel can damage the cuticle and cause color fading. Instead, gently dab your hair with a towel or use a microfiber hair towel to soak up the excess water.
In addition to the tips above, it’s also important to understand how often Bigen hair color should be touched up. Generally, the color should be touched up every four to six weeks, depending on your hair growth and the color being used.
To help keep track of when to touch up your Bigen hair color, use the chart below as a guide:
|Hair Growth||Touch Up Frequency|
|Slow to Average||6 Weeks|
|Average to Fast||4 Weeks|
By following these tips and touching up your Bigen hair color on schedule, you can ensure that your hair color remains vibrant and long-lasting.
The difference between Bigen permanent hair color and semi-permanent hair color
Bigen hair color is a popular and trusted brand known for its wide range of affordable hair coloring products. One of the most common questions asked by people looking to color their hair is whether to go for permanent or semi-permanent hair color.
Permanent hair color, as the name suggests, is a hair dye that lasts until your hair grows out or is cut off. It penetrates the hair shaft and changes the hair’s natural color pigmentation. On the other hand, semi-permanent hair color is a temporary hair dye that fades with each wash. It contains less ammonia and peroxide and typically lasts up to six to eight weeks.
- Color longevity: The main difference between Bigen permanent hair color and semi-permanent hair color is their longevity. While permanent hair color lasts up to several months, semi-permanent hair color washes out after a few weeks.
- Color options: Bigen permanent hair color offers a wide range of color choices, including metallic shades. However, the color options for semi-permanent hair color are limited.
- Hair Damage: Permanent hair color is harsher on hair and can cause more damage than semi-permanent hair color. Semi-permanent hair color, on the other hand, contains fewer harsh chemicals and typically does not damage hair.
If you are looking for a dramatic, long-lasting color change, then Bigen Permanent haircolor may be your best option. If you want to try out a fun color or experiment with a new shade without a long-term commitment, then the semi-permanent hair color is the way to go.
It is important to note that both permanent and semi-permanent hair color can cause allergies or skin irritation in some individuals, so a patch test is recommended before use.
|Permanent hair color||Semi-permanent hair color|
|Lasts several months||Washes out after a few weeks|
|More color options (including metallic shades)||Limited color options|
|Can cause more hair damage||Contains fewer harsh chemicals and typically does not damage hair|
Ultimately, the choice between permanent and semi-permanent hair color comes down to your desired look and how much maintenance you are willing to commit to in the long-term.
Tips for Choosing the Best Shade of Bigen Hair Dye for Your Hair
Choosing the right hair color can be a daunting task, especially if you’re new to dyeing your hair. Bigen hair dye offers a wide range of shades to choose from, making it easier for you to find the perfect color for your hair. Here are some tips to help you select the best shade of Bigen hair dye for your hair:
- Consider your skin tone: Your skin tone plays a crucial role in determining the right hair color for you. Choose a shade that complements your skin tone and enhances your features. If you have a cool skin tone, go for cool hair colors like ash blonde, black, or brunette. If you have warm undertones, warm shades of red, brown, or blonde will look good on you.
- Know your current hair color: It’s essential to know your current hair color before selecting a new shade. Bigen hair dye works best on virgin hair, which means hair that hasn’t been previously dyed. If you have colored hair, choose a shade that matches or is close to your current color. Avoid going more than two shades lighter or darker than your current hair color.
- Consider your hair type: Some hair types react differently to hair dye. If you have naturally curly hair, the color may appear differently than if you have straight hair. If your hair is damaged, the color may not take well and can look patchy. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and perform a strand test before applying the color to your entire head.
Once you’ve considered these factors, it’s time to choose the right shade. Bigen hair dye offers a variety of shades, from natural black to light caramel brown. Here is a breakdown of the most popular shades and what they look like:
|Natural Black||A true black shade that adds shine and depth to your hair.|
|Blue Black||A black shade with cool blue undertones that adds a subtle hint of color to your hair.|
|Brown Black||A rich, dark brown shade that adds warmth to your hair without looking too red.|
|Dark Brown||A deep, chocolate brown shade that looks natural and flattering on most skin tones.|
|Natural Brown||A warm, honey brown shade that adds luminosity to your hair.|
|Caramel Brown||A light, golden brown shade that looks great on warm skin tones.|
|Light Chestnut||A medium brown shade with reddish undertones that looks great on fair skin tones.|
|Burgundy||A vibrant red shade that adds a pop of color to your hair.|
By following these tips and the shade guide, you can confidently choose the right shade of Bigen hair dye for your hair. Remember to always read the instructions carefully and perform a strand test to ensure beautiful, long-lasting results.
How to Remove Bigen Hair Dye if You are Not Satisfied with the Results
If you are not satisfied with the results of your Bigen hair dye, you may want to remove it. Fortunately, it is possible to remove Bigen hair dye from your hair. Here are some tips on how to remove Bigen hair dye:
- Use a clarifying shampoo: One of the easiest ways to remove Bigen hair dye is to use a clarifying shampoo. Clarifying shampoos are designed to remove buildup from your hair, including hair dye. Simply wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo and rinse it out thoroughly. You may need to wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo several times to completely remove the hair dye.
- Apply baking soda: Baking soda is a natural cleaning agent that can help remove hair dye. Mix baking soda and water to create a paste, then apply the paste to your hair. Leave the paste in your hair for at least 10 minutes, then rinse it out thoroughly. Repeat this process as needed until the hair dye is completely removed.
- Try a color remover: If you want a more powerful option, you can try a hair color remover. Hair color removers are designed to strip hair dye from your hair. There are many different types of hair color removers available, so be sure to choose one that is safe for your hair type. Follow the instructions on the product carefully to effectively remove the hair dye.
Before attempting to remove the hair dye, it is important to note that these methods can be drying to your hair. It is recommended to use a deep conditioner or hair mask after removing the Bigen hair dye to help restore moisture to your hair.
Remember, it is always important to follow the instructions on the packaging carefully and to perform a patch test before using any hair dye or hair dye removal product.
Can you use Bigen hair dye on chemically treated hair?
Many people wonder if it is safe to use Bigen hair dye on chemically treated hair. The answer is generally yes, but with some precautions. It is essential to understand a few things before using Bigen dye on chemically processed hair.
First of all, you should not apply Bigen hair color on hair that has been permed or relaxed within the last six weeks. Waiting until after this period will help to avoid damage such as hair breakage or scalp irritation due to the chemicals present in the hair during the perming or relaxing process.
- It is recommended to do a strand test. This test can help determine if your hair is strong enough to withstand the dye.
- If you have recently undergone chemical hair treatments, it is best to wait at least two weeks before applying Bigen dye. This period can allow your hair to re-strengthen and prepare for another round of chemical treatment.
- Avoid applying Bigen hair dye too frequently, especially if your hair is already chemically processed. Frequent usage can lead to further harm and damage to your hair.
It is crucial to keep in mind that using Bigen hair dye on chemically treated hair requires some knowledge and care. The dye can be used safely if proper precautions and preparation are taken.
If you are unsure about the results of using Bigen hair dye on your chemically treated hair, consult with a hair specialist before applying the product. Remember to follow instructions carefully to achieve the desired results without compromising hair health.
FAQs: How Long Does Bigen Last?
1. How long does Bigen last on hair?
Bigen usually lasts for about 4-6 weeks on hair. However, it may vary based on the individual’s hair type and hair care routine.
2. Does Bigen fade quickly?
No, Bigen is known for its long-lasting color. It doesn’t fade as quickly as some other hair dyes.
3. Will swimming affect how long Bigen lasts?
Yes, swimming in chlorinated water or salt water can affect the longevity of Bigen color. It is recommended to wear a swim cap or avoid swimming for the first two weeks after coloring your hair.
4. Can heat styling affect how long Bigen lasts?
Yes, applying heat tools like curling irons, straighteners, or blow dryers can affect the duration of Bigen color. It is best to limit excessive heat styling to maintain the color’s longevity.
5. Can using harsh shampoos or hair products affect how long Bigen lasts?
Yes, using harsh shampoos or hair products can strip the coloring from the hair, affecting the durability of Bigen. Choose gentle, sulfate-free products to maintain the color’s longevity.
6. Can reapplying Bigen extend its longevity?
Yes, reapplying Bigen can extend the color’s durability. However, it’s important to remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and to wait at least four weeks before reapplying.
7. How can I make Bigen last longer?
To extend the longevity of Bigen color, avoid excessive heat styling, swimming, and using harsh hair products. Additionally, protect your hair from sunlight and wash with cool water.
Thanks for reading about how long does Bigen last. Hopefully, this article has helped you understand more about how Bigen color works and how to maintain its longevity. Remember to take care of your hair and follow the product instructions for the best results. Come back to our site for more informative articles on hair care and beauty.