Are Cree flashlights good? That’s a question I get asked a lot, especially by those who are looking for a reliable flashlight to take on outdoor adventures, camping trips, or for use during power outages. Well, let me tell you, Cree flashlights are not only good but they are one of the best in the market. Many factors contribute to making Cree flashlights stand out, from their durability to their unmatched brightness levels.
Now, if you’re new to the world of flashlights, you may be wondering what makes Cree flashlights so unique. For starters, Cree is a renowned American company that specializes in LED lighting solutions, and their flashlights reflect their commitment to quality. Cree flashlights are made with high-quality materials that are built to withstand harsh environments and heavy use. Their LED modules are designed to deliver brighter illumination than any other flashlight on the market.
But what really makes Cree flashlights stand out is their efficiency. Cree flashlights are engineered to use minimal energy while producing the brightest light output possible. This means that you can enjoy a longer battery life and get more use out of your flashlight than other brands. Coupled with their superior durability and brightness, Cree flashlights are definitely worth the investment, and they will not disappoint you in any way.
Advantages of using Cree flashlights
Cree flashlights are a popular choice for many flashlight enthusiasts and professionals due to their numerous advantages. Below are some of the most notable benefits of using Cree flashlights:
- Brightness: Cree flashlights are known to be incredibly bright, surpassing many other brands in terms of output. This is because Cree uses high-quality LEDs in their flashlights, allowing for brighter and clearer light. In fact, many Cree flashlights have a maximum output of over 1000 lumens!
- Efficiency: Not only are Cree flashlights bright, but they are also incredibly efficient. Cree LEDs have a longer lifespan and use less energy than other types of LEDs, making them more sustainable in the long run. This means you can use your Cree flashlight for longer periods without having to change the batteries or charge it frequently.
- Durability: Cree flashlights are known for their durability and ruggedness. They are made from high-quality materials and are built to withstand harsh environments, making them ideal for outdoor activities like camping, hiking, and hunting. Many Cree flashlights are also waterproof and shock-resistant, ensuring they can withstand drops, bumps, and even submersion in water.
Are Cree flashlights better than other brands?
Cree flashlights are usually a preferred choice for outdoor enthusiasts and professionals. But how do they compare to other brands? Let’s take a closer look.
- Quality: Cree is a well-known brand that produces high-quality flashlights. The company has invested heavily in research and development to ensure that its products perform better than those of its competitors.
- Brightness: Cree flashlights are known for their brightness. They use advanced LED technology that produces a bright light while conserving battery power. This makes them ideal for use in dark and remote areas where visibility is limited.
- Durability: Cree flashlights are built to last. They are usually made of high-quality materials that can withstand harsh conditions. This makes them ideal for use in extreme outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, and hunting.
Pros and Cons
Like any product, Cree flashlights have their pros and cons. Here are a few things to consider:
- Pricey compared to other brands
- May require specialized batteries
- May have a limited range of features
Comparing Cree to Other Brands
When compared to other flashlight brands, Cree flashlights have several advantages. They are usually brighter, lighter, and more durable than their competitors. But, they are also typically more expensive than other brands, so cost may be a factor for some people.
Overall, Cree flashlights are a great choice for anyone who wants a high-quality, durable, and bright flashlight. While they may be more expensive than other brands, their advanced LED technology and superior construction certainly make them worth the investment.
Top-rated Cree flashlights in the market
When it comes to high-quality flashlights, Cree models consistently receive praise for their bright output, durability, and affordability. Here are three of the top-rated Cree flashlights currently available:
- ThruNite TN12 2019: This compact flashlight boasts an impressive 1,100 lumens and a long battery life. Made with aircraft-grade aluminum, it’s durable enough for any adventure. Users rave about its easy-to-use interface and overall performance.
- Anker Bolder LC90: Anker’s Cree-powered model prides itself on being an excellent all-rounder. It’s made with military-grade aluminum and can withstand harsh weather conditions. With 900 lumens and multiple modes, it’s perfect for camping, hiking, or everyday use.
- Nitecore P12GTS: This sleek and powerful flashlight features 1,800 lumens and a maximum beam distance of 247 meters. Its robust design, waterproofing, and built-in charging capabilities make it an ideal choice for professionals and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
Why choose Cree flashlights?
When it comes to flashlights, many brands use inferior LED bulbs that don’t perform as well under pressure. Cree, on the other hand, is known for producing high-quality LEDs that provide excellent efficiency and brightness. Additionally, Cree flashlights typically have a longer lifespan, meaning you’ll save money in the long run by not having to replace them as often.
Comparing Cree flashlights
If you’re considering investing in a Cree flashlight, it’s essential to compare your options to find the best fit for your needs. The table below outlines key product features of three popular Cree models: the ThruNite TN12 2019, Anker Bolder LC90, and Nitecore P12GTS.
|ThruNite TN12 2019
|Up to 64 hours
|No built-in charging
|Anker Bolder LC90
|Up to 6 hours (on high setting)
|Micro USB charging port
|Up to 250 hours (on low setting)
|USB-C charging port
As you can see, each model has its unique features, so it’s essential to consider your needs before making a purchase. Whether you’re looking for a compact option for everyday use or a heavy-duty flashlight for outdoor adventures, Cree has a variety of models to suit your needs.
How to Choose the Best Cree Flashlight for Your Needs
When it comes to choosing the best Cree flashlight for your needs, there are several factors to consider. With the vast array of options available on the market today, deciding which Cree flashlight will suit your situation can be intimidating. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Power source: Cree flashlights can be powered by a variety of sources, including disposable or rechargeable batteries, or even solar power. Consider which power source is most convenient for your situation and how much power you need.
- Brightness: Cree flashlights come in a range of brightness levels, usually indicated in lumens. Consider how bright you need your flashlight to be based on your intended use.
- Size and weight: Depending on your intended use, the size and weight of your Cree flashlight can be an important factor. If you need a flashlight that is lightweight and portable, opt for a smaller size. However, if you need a flashlight that is more powerful, a larger size may be necessary.
Here are a few other things to consider when choosing the best Cree flashlight for your needs:
- Beam distance: Cree flashlights have varying beam distances. Consider how far you need your flashlight to project its beam.
- Beam type: Cree flashlights come with different beam types, such as flood or spot. Consider which beam type best suits your needs.
- Construction: The construction of your Cree flashlight can affect its durability and resilience. Consider what conditions you will be using your flashlight in and choose one that can withstand it.
In summary, when choosing the best Cree flashlight for your needs, consider the power source, brightness, size and weight, beam distance, beam type, and construction. Each of these factors will play a vital role in ensuring that your Cree flashlight is the perfect fit for your specific needs.
Comparison Table of the Best Cree Flashlights
|Cree XLamp XP-G2 LED Flashlight
|2 AAA batteries
|Aircraft-grade aluminum, waterproof
|Streamlight ProTac HL-X Flashlight
|18650 rechargeable lithium-ion battery or 2 CR123A lithium batteries
|Flood and Spot
|Anodized aluminum, waterproof
|Nitecore P30 Flashlight
|1 18650 rechargeable battery or 2 CR123A batteries
|Aerospace grade aluminum, waterproof
Consider these popular Cree flashlight models when deciding which one is right for you. Based on your intended use, one of these models may be a great fit for your needs.
Comparing the Brightness Levels of Cree Flashlights
When it comes to flashlights, brightness is one of the most important factors to consider. Cree flashlights are known for their exceptional brightness and are preferred by many professionals who require a reliable source of light in their work. Comparing the brightness levels of Cree flashlights can help users determine which model is best suited for their needs.
- Cree XP-E2: This is a basic bulb that can produce up to 300 lumens of brightness. It is ideal for everyday use and can be found in many consumer-grade flashlights.
- Cree XP-L: The XP-L is a high-intensity LED that can produce up to 1200 lumens of brightness. It is often used by law enforcement and the military for tactical operations.
- Cree XHP50: This high-performing LED can produce up to 2500 lumens of brightness. It is commonly found in high-end tactical flashlights.
It is important to note that brightness levels can be affected by factors such as battery life, temperature, and weather conditions. This means that a flashlight may not always deliver its maximum level of brightness under all circumstances.
Another important aspect to consider when comparing the brightness levels of Cree flashlights is the beam distance and angle. The beam distance refers to how far the beam can travel before it becomes too weak to see, while the beam angle determines how wide the beam is. These factors can vary greatly depending on the model of the flashlight.
|Max Beam Distance
As shown in the table, the beam distance and angle generally increase with the level of brightness. However, this is not always the case and users should read the specifications carefully to ensure that the flashlight meets their requirements.
Durability and Longevity of Cree flashlights
Cree flashlights are known for their exceptional durability and longevity, making them a popular choice among outdoor enthusiasts, law enforcement officers, and military personnel.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Cree LEDs have a longer lifespan than traditional incandescent bulbs, which means they require less frequent replacement and reduce the likelihood of bulb failure during a critical moment.
- The construction of Cree flashlights often includes high-quality materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum, which can withstand rough handling, extreme temperatures, and other harsh conditions.
- Cree flashlights are designed to be impact-resistant, often with a shock-absorbing outer layer to minimize damage from drops or impacts.
According to a review by the National Tactical Officers Association, a Cree flashlight withstood a 130-foot drop test onto concrete without any damage to the housing or the LED bulb inside. This is a testament to the durability and ruggedness of these flashlights.
Beyond the physical construction of a Cree flashlight, another factor that contributes to its longevity is its efficient power usage. Cree LEDs require very low power to operate, which means they can operate for longer periods on a single battery charge compared to traditional bulbs.
Overall, Cree flashlights stand out for their durability and longevity, making them a reliable tool in any situation where dependable lighting is necessary.
|May be more expensive than other flashlights
|Long-lasting LED bulbs
|May have a narrower beam angle than other flashlights
|Efficient power usage
When it comes to investing in a high-quality flashlight, durability and longevity are key factors to consider. Cree flashlights have proven to excel in both of these areas, making them an excellent choice for those who need reliable lighting in a variety of conditions.
Expert reviews and recommendations for Cree flashlights
When it comes to flashlights, the brand Cree is one of the most trusted names in the industry. Known for their high-quality LED lighting technology, Cree flashlights have gained a strong reputation for their durability, brightness, and overall performance.
But with so many different Cree flashlight models available, it can be tough to know which ones are the best for your needs. That’s where expert reviews and recommendations come in. Here are some top picks and insights from flashlight experts:
- FlashlightPro: This website provides detailed reviews and rankings of a wide range of flashlights, including Cree models. Their current top pick for a Cree flashlight is the Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition, which they praise for its powerful beam, long battery life, and durable construction.
- Survival At Home: This survival-focused website recommends the ThruNite TN12 EDC as a top option for an everyday carry flashlight. They highlight its brightness, versatility, and sturdy build, noting that it’s a bit larger than some other EDC flashlights, but still small enough to fit in a pocket.
- GearLab: This outdoor gear review site gives high marks to the Black Diamond Spot 350, another Cree-powered flashlight. They like its compact size, comfortable grip, and intuitive settings adjustment, as well as its impressive brightness for such a small light.
Of course, the best Cree flashlight for you will depend on your specific needs and priorities. Consider factors like brightness level, battery life, size and weight, and durability when making your decision. It’s also worth looking into additional features like strobe mode or waterproofing, depending on how you plan to use the flashlight.
Ultimately, as long as you choose a Cree flashlight from a reputable brand and model with solid reviews, you can trust that you’ll be getting a high-quality, reliable lighting tool that will serve you well in a variety of situations.
|Battery Life (hrs)
|Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition
|ThruNite TN12 EDC
|Black Diamond Spot 350
Here is a side by side comparison of the three Cree flashlights mentioned above to help you in your decision:
Are Cree Flashlights Good?: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Cree flashlight?
A Cree flashlight is a type of LED flashlight that uses Cree brand LEDs, known for their high quality and brightness.
2. Are Cree flashlights brighter than regular flashlights?
Yes, Cree flashlights are generally brighter than regular flashlights thanks to the high quality and brightness of Cree LEDs.
3. Are Cree flashlights worth the price?
Yes, Cree flashlights are worth the price as they offer high quality, brightness, and a longer life span than many other flashlights on the market.
4. What are the benefits of using a Cree flashlight?
The benefits of using a Cree flashlight include brighter light, longer life span, and greater durability compared to many other types of flashlights.
5. What makes Cree flashlights different from other LED flashlights?
Cree flashlights use high quality Cree brand LEDs that offer greater brightness, durability, and efficiency than many other types of LEDs.
6. How can I know if a Cree flashlight is genuine?
To ensure that a Cree flashlight is genuine, purchase from a reputable seller and look for the Cree logo on the flashlight itself.
7. Can Cree flashlights be used for outdoor activities?
Yes, Cree flashlights are great for outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, and backpacking thanks to their brightness and durability in tough conditions.
Thanks for Reading!
We hope this article has answered your questions about Cree flashlights and their quality. Remember to purchase from a reputable seller and look for the Cree logo to ensure you are getting a genuine product. Thanks for reading and we hope you visit us again soon for more informative articles.